Privacyverklaring in het Nederlands, klik hier.
Déclaration de confidentialité en français, cliquez ici.
With regard to clients and website visitors
As a lawyers’ office, Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven attaches a lot of importance to respecting the privacy of their clients’ and of anyone visiting their website. Therefore we would like to clearly inform you about the precautions and measures we take while processing personal data. Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven treats and protects the personal data of their clients and website visitors with utmost care.
Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven has adjusted their policy for the protection of your personal data in compliance with both Belgian and European Union regulations. In doing so, we meet the requirements ensuing from the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy Act, the Act on the Protection of Privacy and Personal Data, the Telecommunications Act and any other regulations regarding privacy. This implies, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purpose we process personal data for. We do so by means of this privacy statement;
- limit the collection of personal data to merely those personal data which are required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- first ask for your explicit consent with the processing of your personal data, if such consent is required;
- do not transfer your data to third parties, unless such is needed in order to be able to provide the requested service, or if we have a legal obligation to do so;
- when sharing your data, make clear arrangements with third parties to make sure, among other things, that your data are not used for any other purposes;
- take appropriate safety measures in order to protect your personal data, and demand the same from parties processing personal data upon our instruction.
- respect your right of access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data at your request.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy statement, please do so by using the contact details of the controller (see below).
The data processing controller is Mr. Gert Gooris.
No agreements are entered into with minors on our websites. We therefore explicitly ask minors not to send us any personal data. If Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven discovers that they have accidently collected the personal data of a minor, they will erase the personal data of that minor from their files as soon as reasonably possible.
Purposes for the processing of personal data
By personal data we mean: family name, first name, address, telephone number, sex, birth date, email address, data related to criminal convictions and offences etc.
Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:in order to draw up and execute the agreements entered into with you, including the promotion of your interests and your representation in as well as outside the court;
- in order to invoice you, if it concerns a paid service. This financial information will never be published on a website by Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven, nor will it be made available to third parties for any purpose other than the execution of the agreement;
- in order to optimise the website’s protection;
- to be able to prepare statistics, for example about the number of visitors of our website’s various sections;
- to be able to offer you services and advertisements on our website in a general manner;
- for marketing purposes, to be able to inform you specifically about relevant products and/or services and new special offers of both Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven and third parties which we assume you may be interested in. In order to tune this information to you personally, for example to be able to show you an advertisement of a product and/or service which we assume you may be interested in based on the personal data processed by us.
- to be able to send you relevant emails and mail, newsletters, user information, service notices or other electronic messages
- for other marketing purposes, allowing for the transfer of data to companies and/or third parties so that they can aim interesting and relevant offers of products and/or services directly to you;
- in order to analyse, maintain, protect and optimise our websites and technologies;
- in order to comply with the law and regulations Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven is subject to;
- for the settlement of contingent disputes;
- for administrative purposes.
After which your personal data may be kept for purposes of archiving.
Legal grounds for processing
Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven processes your personal data on the basis of article 6.1 of the General Data Protection Regulation, namely on the basis of:
- (a) consent
- (b) necessity for the execution of an agreement
- (c) necessity for compliance with a legal obligation
- (d) necessity for our legitimate interest
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of article 6.1 (a) consent, you have the right to withdraw your given consent at all times.
Sharing of personal data
Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven may transfer the personal data they process to other parties, if such is required for achieving the purposes set out in this privacy statement. This way Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven can be of yet better service to you. If you do not wish Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven to share your personal data with third parties, please let us know via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may oppose at your request and free of charge.
In special cases, if obliged to do so in order to comply with a legal regulation or a judicial procedure, Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven may make your personal data available to third parties.
Without your consent, Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven will never sell, rent or in any other way disclose your personal data to third parties for reasons of marketing and advertisement purposes of the latter.
Storage time of personal data
The time for which we keep your personal data depends on the context of the services provided and on our legal obligations. The following elements usually influence the period of storage:
- How long do we need the personal data for providing our services?
- Does it concern sensitive data?
- Have you given your consent for a longer storage time?
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation of storing your personal data?
Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven will store your personal data as long as required for achieving the purposes set out in this privacy statement. If it is no longer required to keep your personal data, they will be erased in a safe way, in accordance with our data storage and erasure policy.
Protection of personal data
While processing personal data, Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven ensures protection of these data. We protect your data by means of technical and administrative safety precautions in order to minimalize the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, publication or alteration. We take utmost care that there is no unauthorised access, alteration, publication, loss or any other form of illegitimate processing of personal data. Our employees and lawyers are under the obligation to treat your personal data confidentially, if they have access to them.
You have the right, at all times, to access your personal data and to have them rectified if they are incorrect or incomplete, or erased, or to demand restriction of their use or object their processing on the basis of article 6.1 (e) or (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation, including profiling on the basis of those provisions.
In addition, you have to right to receive a copy of your personal data (in a structured, common and machine-readable form) and to have the personal data transferred to another party.
For exercising your abovementioned rights, please contact our controller by phone (see above) or email at email@example.com. You may contact us free of charge at any time for exercising your rights. While making a request, please enclose a copy of the front of your identity card, so that we may process your request as soon as possible.
Cookies are small computer files sent out by our servers and saved on your computer’s hard disk. These cookies contain information that may be processed by us only, and only when you visit our website. In other words, when you visit our website, we are able to save information on your computer. Cookies serve to facilitate navigation on our website.
You are free to refuse the installation of cookies, by changing the settings of your navigation software. Through your internet browser you can delete cookies from your hard disk, block them, or receive a warning before any cookie is installed. For more information on these functions, please refer to the instructions on the help screen of your browser's settings.
Commission for the Protection of Privacy
We are of course glad to assist if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. If we nevertheless do not manage to find a solution together, you have the right, on the basis of the privacy legislation, to file a complaint with the privacy supervisor, the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (CPP).
We therefore recommend you to consult this privacy statement from time to time, so that you are aware of any amendments. Please carefully check this document regularly.
With regard to third parties
The law firm Caluwaerts Uytterhoeven Advocaten, Potvlietlaan 4 - 2600 Berchem, ON 0526.822.539, has received your personal data as part of the legal services provided to its client. Your personal data are only processed to the extent that and for as long as it is necessary to safeguard the interests of the client. You can always contact us to exercise the following rights: a request for access or rectification of your personal data; a request for erasure of your personal data; a request for restriction of the processing of your personal data; an objection against the processing of your data; a request for transfer of your data; a complaint if you believe that we are not acting in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. You can also file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority. You can address your requests to Gert Gooris at firstname.lastname@example.org. We respect all rights relating to your personal data to which you are entitled under applicable law. You can find our full privacy statement above. We have not provided you with this information before because, with respect to the client, we are bound by professional secrecy in accordance with Article 458 of the Penal Code.
Last amended: 9th of February 2021